Hmm, could the title be longer? This post is exactly about what the title says. I started making a pair of pants from the Burda december issue and in this post will show you how I use a pattern from the magazine. A short aside: a comment was made yesterday on my post on the missing cutting layouts that Burda will bring them back in the March issue (see here (text in German), thanks Beate for sharing this information and Burda for listening to their readers!). This is the pair of pants I'm making, omitting the flap in the waist. It's pattern number 102 from the December 2018 issue and available as pdf from the Burda site: Link to the pattern . A very easy pattern, 4 pattern pieces and made in a stretch fabric. It's more close fitting/slim fit than I would normally make. I intend to wear it with a longer cardigan, Read more »
Pictures of the finished skirt have to wait. I want to hem my skirt with “steam a seam” tape but forgot to buy it and as most of my fabrics and notions are in storage, I had none available at all. So I spent my weekend sewing two t-shirts. The pattern is the Ann T-top from StyleArc: I’ve made this pattern several times now and it’s a great basic. After the initial one last year (never blogged about as far as I remember) I removed the gathers in the front by folding up at waist level. Until recently I used an old Ottobre pattern from 2007 as my base for t-shirts, which is still a great pattern. But, as you can guess, it’s in storage (by accident though). The neckline and hems of both t-shirts were finished with a coverstitch. I’ve had a love/hate relationship with my Janome coverstitch for quite a long time, but have become used to it and now it’s taken out and used regularly. For a long time I did not use it properly either and on the inside you could see the edge of the hem st...
Recently at a sewing get together one of my friends was wearing trousers made using Vogue 1417. She told me that the instructions for the pocket were great as there was not a single unfinished edge to be seen after contstruction. I liked the pattern and am currently working on it and my friend was so right. The draft of the pocket and facings and the instructions are wonderful. Haven’t seen this construction before and love it. In a time there’s a lot being said about lacking instructions this is definitely an example of a pattern well drafted and very good instructions. Of course I’m doing a few things my way, using a woven instead of a stretch. But I did not change a thing to the pockets…
Comments
Post a Comment